Lodge membership is required to maintain FOP Legal insurance coverage – You have several choices for Legal insurance coverage.
- This program is designed specifically to cover law enforcement exposures faced by members of the FOP Legal Defense Plan by paying legal defense costs on behalf of participating members for the following actions and proceedings:
- Coverage A – Administrative (includes Administrative Off-Duty)
- Coverage B – Civil and Criminal
- Legal defense protection is a necessity for law enforcement professionals. As the frequency and cost of allegations rise, the FOP Legal Defense Plan offers members a very affordable plan for as little as $68 a year for civil and criminal coverage. Administrative with civil and criminal is only $310 per year.
Effective January 1, 2021, the current HR-218 LEOSA Plan coverage will be replaced with the FOP Retired Law Enforcement Concealed Carry Legal Defense Coverage Plan cost is $75.00 a year.
- The plan is managed by a board of trustees comprised of law enforcement officers and FOP members